Well, I like sharing (obviously- that’s why I have a blog!) Even though I’m not running, it felt weird not sitting down for my weekly recap to catch up, so I thought I’d share how I spent this week of recovery post-Richmond <– catch up on my race recap there if you missed it!
Often after a marathon, I schedule a massage, but I felt really good after this one and didn’t feel the need to spend the money.
Instead of running, I took Matilda for some walks (not runs!).
- I drank a few glasses of wine and stayed up to watch my interview on WCCO.
- I went to Arms & Abs at [solidcore] and then on Friday I went to the regular [solidcore] class. It felt so good to do tough strength training again!
- I went to the Banff Film Festival at Wiley Hall at the University of Minnesota on Friday night and felt inspired to plan something adventurous! Not sure what yet…(P.S. I wore this sweatshirt from the Daily Tay. It’s cozy.)
- I SLEPT IN ON A SATURDAY. Crazy, right? I can’t remember the last time I did that.
- I went to Tattersall Distillery and had a few cocktails <–very cool place!
….And then today- Sunday- 7 days after the Richmond Marathon, I went for a run.
It was just an easy 4-miler with Matilda the vizsla. It was sunny and 30 degrees- a beautiful November day for running. At first, my body felt a little clunky. Did I really run 26.2 miles just a week ago? But then I loosened up and the familiar joy of running was right there, just where I left it 7 days ago.
(Was that really just a week ago?)
I’m excited for what’s next, even though I am not 100% sure what that will be.
In the immediate future, I’ll be running my family’s Thanksgiving 5k in Wisconsin. With four sisters, their husbands, kids, and a few others, we have plenty of Thanksgiving attendees to have our own little “race.” We’ve been doing it for several years, though we took a few years off to do an official 5k in Milwaukee on Thanksgiving. We all missed the family run though, so its back again this year- so excited!
I don’t have any more races planned until 2016! That’s crazy. I’ll still be writing here, even if there isn’t a marathon countdown. Please keep stopping by for your dose of Fitness and Fitness Fashion!