Many of you just finished a marathon this weekend. If so, CONGRATULATIONS! You should be very proud.
Even if you don’t mention it, I bet people know that you just ran a marathon…they know.
How, you ask?
Let me give you a few sure signs that you ran the Twin Cities Marathon this weekend, or any other marathon for that matter!
(On a serious note, you should really be very proud. This post is just for fun!)
- You are taking the stairs backwards. Better yet, you’ve totally given up on walking. You’re taking the elevator. You’ve strongly considered renting one of those motorized scooters.
- Everything is a celebration! That extra cupcake? I’m celebrating! One more beer? But I’m celebrating!
- You’re still hungry all the time. You still want to eat ALL THE THINGS!
- You have a few less toenails.
- People at work want to see your blood blisters (true story- this happened to my friend! I saw them..they are impressive.)
- You can’t stop talking about the marathon….”Oh, you went apple picking this weekend? Well, I ran a marathon. Let me tell you ALL about it!”
- You can’t even think about Mountain Berry Blast Powerade without getting queasy.
- You are enjoying leaving work without the need to fit in a run. You actually have time to run errands and cook dinner. Who knew there was a whole world outside of running?
- Yet even though you’re enjoying this whole new world, you’re already wondering when registration for TCM 2015 opens.
- If not TCM, instead you’re spending too much time on www.marathonguide.com looking for your next one. (Here’s looking at you Erin!)
- You’re looking through the splits on your Garmin and reminiscing about every mile #sofun #ilovemarathoning
And…the number one way to know that you just ran a marathon…
- You’re still wearing your medal.
*A tip from the Right Fits- medals have a 24 hour grace period- unless this was your first marathon, then we can give you an extension…
Congratulations marathoners! I hope you are enjoying your well deserved R & R!
(Visited 760 time, 1 visit today)