As we have mentioned several times by now, LL and I were in Big Sky, Montana over the past 4 days. We had three full days of skiing/snowboarding on the mountain, with one day of rest (i.e. shopping and Norris Hot Springs).
This morning, our alarms went off at 3:00 am, for the drive back to Bozeman for a 6 am flight.
Unfortunately (though fortunately for those who still had another day to ski!) Big Sky/Bozeman received more than 10 inches of snow overnight and into the morning. This led to nearly a two hour delay on our flight. We didn’t end up at our house until after 11 am, when I had originally planned to go into work with a 9 am return.
So…I only ran once in Big Sky, so I HAD to get my long run in today.
I had so many excuses not to run….
- It was over 70 degrees- didn’t my body need to adjust a bit after spending 4 days in the snow and 20 degree temps?
- It was over the lunch hour- I never run well on an empty stomach.
- My body was SORE- snowboarding out West for three days left my legs and core quite tired and sore. My tailbone was sore too from many a fall on those challenging runs!
- I was TIRED- I had slept a bit on the flight, but I was still pretty tired.
- My Garmin was dead (this ended up to be a blessing in disguise).