Did you have a fabulous Thanksgiving? I did! My oldest sister hosted the whole family and it was grand. Yes, I definitely overate (and maybe over drank a little).
So today for Fit Tip Friday, I am sharing a few basic tips for Recovering from a Big Meal!
- First things first, don’t stress about it. One day of overeating is not going to ruin you (or your training goals!) Just vow to make healthy decisions going forward.
- Move the leftovers to the freezer! This way you can portion off single serving amounts to bring to lunch.
- Drink a lot of water. This will help move things along.
- Drink ginger tea or peppermint tea to help aid digestion. I am a big fan of these Gin-Gins candies (I buy them at Whole Foods)
- Eat foods high in fiber, like carrot sticks, with your turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread.
- And of course the most obvious tip from me…Go for a run! You might feel a little heavy and maybe you’ll be moving a little slower than usual, but I bet a little exercise will make you feel better.