I recently joined up with a Minnesota blogger group. They have a Facebook page that is really informative and helpful for a “new” blogger like me. Though I haven’t yet had a chance to attend, they also organize blogger meet-ups and volunteer events around the city.
They even have a Minnesota bloggers‘ BLOG. How great is that? You can check it out HERE for a full list of all the Minnesota bloggers you can follow. In fact, you might have noticed the new button on my blog, noting that I am a Minnesota blogger!
I read a ton of blogs, but until recently, I didn’t really follow that many local ones (My bloglovin’ feed is probably a little too heavy on those SoCal bloggers….) But I didn’t follow any local bloggers because I didn’t know about them!
Now I am a follower of several, one of which recently posted a “liebster award” post. The rules of the liebster award are that you’re supposed to nominate 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers, and these bloggers need to answer 11 questions about themselves. I don’t actually have 11 blogs to nominate, so instead I’ll just share some information about 5 local blogs that I read, and maybe one or two of them will in turn answer the questions (though wonderfully unkempt already posted her answers HERE)
1. #1 of course is Minneapolis Running. This blog is really awesome, but they have way more than 200 followers…they don’t need my liebster award! But local or not, if you’re a runner, you will enjoy this blog. They post recipes, injury prevention advice, run club advice, race schedules, trail routes, just about EVERYTHING running you could imagine.
2. wonderfully unkempt: I just started reading her blog. She writes about a random variety of topics, and shares my love of coffee and all things Minnesota (um..except this weather- a blizzard in April? seriously…)
3. Finding a Balance: I can’t remember how I found Hyedi’s blog, but she’s a Oiselle runner, who most recently started posting about running while pregnant…She’s a fellow dog lover and cold weather runner. I’ve enjoyed reading her blog, as she seems to be at a similar stage in life as me (minus the pregnancy part!), and both she and her husband are local runners, like Dustin and me.
Ali did a review of the race, and I think I saw it on Facebook. She seems like a friendly, down-to-earth, funny Minnesota girl, who really knows how to do the “up north” cabin life the right way in the summer! Relaxation station, anyone?
5. The Yoga Garage: This is my friend Meggan’s blog. She’s a yoga/barre instructor, as well as a fellow marathoner. She primarily uses her blog to share information about her Yoga by the Lake classes in the summer (so fun! put them on your “to-do” list for this summer!) She also hosts private yoga sessions- great idea for a healthy bachelorette party!
Okay, so there are five local blogs that I follow, and here are my 11 questions for the liebster award!
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started The Right Fits with my younger sister. We were always texting each other for advice about outfits we were thinking of wearing, or to share the details of different fitness classes we tried, and runs that we did. We decided to share our adventures via a blog, thinking that it would be an easy way for us to share stories with each other, and maybe with a few others. Unfortunately, she moved to a new city, where her new job keeps her too busy for blogging (though I do really miss her…)
Now it’s all me on the Right Fits. I’m still sharing my adventures in Fitness, Fashion, and Fitness Fashion. I love having an outlet to share vacations, race reviews, fitness classes, or just things to do in Minneapolis!
2. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream? If you don’t like ice cream, please explain what’s wrong with you. I’m not going to lie, I’d pick frozen yogurt over ice cream any day- not because it’s “healthier” but because I love all the fun flavors and toppings, which I know you can do with ice cream too, but there just aren’t as many places that do that!
onion/fig/arugula pizza that we both love. It’s Deena Kastor’s recipe from the Runner’s World
each host selects the book for the month. We end up reading a wide variety of books. Outside of book
club, I just finished the Poisonwood Bible, which I really enjoyed.
through. My husband went to high school and college on the East coast and he said that he knew he
would marry a Midwestern girl, because we are the best type of girls.
But if I chose no makeup, maybe I could get an eyelash tint? That would help.