“How do you know someone is running a marathon?”
“Don’t worry. They’ll tell you.”
But there are other ways people will know you’re about to run a marathon. For many of you, that marathon is the Twin Cities Marathon this Sunday, October 9th!
Here are some ways I can tell that you’re about to conquer TCM 2016!
1. Your want to eat ALL the things. Taper hunger is real!
2. You are relentlessly watching the forecast (Don’t lie to us Sven! Low of 45 and high of 62? Sounds pretty great!)
3. Your friends are wondering what happened to you, as you have been living like a hermit to avoid getting sick, making sure you’re sleeping enough, eating right and not drinking alcohol! (Good job doing the right things during the taper- it will be worth it!)
4. You’re printing out pace bracelets, practicing your mantras, and reflecting on your running journal.
5. You’re drinking Powerade Mountain Berry Blast to develop a taste for it.
6. You’re handing out spectator guides to friends and family…and maybe strangers (!), letting them know when and where to cheer for you.
7. You can’t have a conversation without somehow mentioning the fact that you’re running the Twin Cities Marathon this weekend.
Let me know any other ways to know that someone is running a marathon (particularly the Twin Cities Marathon!)
And of course, good luck to everyone running the Twin Cities Marathon this Sunday! As you know from this post, it’s one of my all-time favorites.
Enjoy the most beautiful urban marathon 🙂
Here are some of my favorite mantras for you to keep repeating to yourself!
This is hilarious, and all too real! I think the past couple weeks have created my new alter ego, the Hungry Hermit!
I love it! Best of luck to you Klara! 🙂 🙂
Ok Seriously– is your weather guy really named Sven?! ha!
Also, love your mantra pinnable! 🙂
YES 🙂 Our weather man is really named Sven. So Minnesotan!
Glad you enjoyed the Mantras. I’m all about positive affirmations. They really helped me at Cottonwood.
This is awesome !
And thanks for the tip on Pace bracelet !
Prithi I think you can find printable ones online or maybe they’ll be selling them at the expo! Good luck!
Actually this is the one my sister bought from Amazon for a 4:30 goal- you can get one for whatever goal you have! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009XW6DI4/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thrifi-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B009XW6DI4&linkId=eba6c3ed2f7b8698d7eafc872ce2a666
Thanks Jessie !
how do you get a pace bracelet? that is so cool!
I hope the weather is nice and clear- not too cold, not too hot!!!!
And good luck to all those who are running this marathon 🙂
I should have said pace “tattoo”- that’s what the one in the picture is (it’s for my sister). You can buy it on Amazon at the link above that I posted for Prithi.
There are also sites with “printable” ones though that you can make into your own bracelet. I have seen that before, just have it laminated or something so it holds up for 26.2 miles 🙂
I’ll pass on your well wishes to my sister, thank you Eri!