Like many brides-to-be, I wanted long hair again for my wedding. The short style lasted less than a hot minute. I spent the next nine months of wedding planning trying desperately to grow my hair out again as quickly as possible.
Though this new look is nothing funky or unique, it’s a change, and that’s what I wanted.
Now, you’re probably thinking, what does a short vs. long hair debate have to do with a fitness/running blog? Probably not much…I’m stretching it on this one, trying to make it work.
Long Hair Pros/Cons:
- Easy to pull back into a pony tail for runs
- Traditionally more “feminine” on what may be an otherwise athletic looking body of a runner (i.e….me and my man arms!)
- Flexibility to vary how you wear it for running- french braid, ponytail, side braids…
- Can easily get tangled into a gnarly mess on hot runs
- Takes a long time to blow-dry when you’re crunched for time after a morning workout (For tips on getting ready quickly, check out THIS POST!)
- Frozen braids impossible to untangle after winter runs
- Sweat spraying off your hair onto your fellow runners (most likely will still be an issue for me with short hair…what can I say, I’m a sweater.)
- Faster blow-dry post-run
- Simple styling post-run
- Less hair- less weight- run faster!! Right? Right…?
- Can’t just pull it back into a ponytail when wet
- Can’t pull it back into a ponytail for running.