By Cool J
I will admit that I often put a positive spin on most of my posts. I try to keep the negativity off the internet, and instead use this as a venue to try to motivate, share my experiences, and learn from others’ experiences!
I bet you think I always love running. And that my running club is perfect! And that I think I live in the best city ever, (or at least the best city in the Midwest.) And most of the time, I really do like to run, and most of the time, I really do love my running club. And my city.
But honestly? Sometimes running sucks. Sometimes living in Minneapolis sucks.
And last night was one of those nights.
We have been pretty spoiled here in Minneapolis, with a very mild fall, and a very mild start to the winter. But that all changed on Sunday, when snowstorm Chelsea poured its heart out on top of us.
Sure, the snow is pretty.
Sure, it’s fun to snowshoe through the dog park with your fun-loving sister…
- It was four degrees. Enough said.
- The paths were really slippery.
- My face mask was frozen by the end.
- I borrowed Dusters’ nano (god bless him), and I guess it was stuck on repeat. I did start to wonder if that Phish jam session was going on even longer than necessary…
- The trails may have been plowed, but the trail to the trails were not plowed, which meant cold snow in the Brooks running shoes.
- I was going seriously slow. Snail slow. I’m not sure if it even counted as cardio.
Treadmill workout: 1 mile warm-up, then a reverse pyramid: 5 min. fast, 2.5 min.slow, 4 min.fast, 2 min. slow, 3 min.fast, 1.5 min.slow, 2 min. fast, 1 min.slow, 1 min. fast as I could- then a cooldown.