Here are just a few:
- You wear your running clothes to bed to save time getting dressed for a morning run
- You make up elaborate stories to get out of work/family/other obligations when in reality you just need(want) to go for a run.
- Two words: run commute.
Runners on Vacation…
- When you plan vacations/weekend getaways/work trips, the first thing you research is where to run.
- You don’t understand why someone wouldn’t go for a run on vacation. That’s what vacation is all about!
- You use PTO to do a long run if you have weekend plans that will interfere with your long run.
- You can’t carry-on your luggage when on a short vacation because….running clothes/shoes/gear.
- You become so accustomed to talking to your running friends side by side that it feels awkward to talk to them face to face.
- Your running friends don’t know what you look like in regular clothes and makeup.
- You feel an instant connection with anyone who tells you that he/she is also a runner.
- You love Strava. It’s a community of other crazy runners like you.
- You can spend an entire dinner conversation talking about running and still have more to say.
- You have strong opinions about GU/gels and Gatorade flavors. (Cucumber lime for the win!)
- You always have a water bottle with you.
- Your city has become so much smaller now that you realize how easy it is to run from place to place. St. Paul? Oh, that’s just a 10 mile run from here.
- You get overly excited about the first run in shorts in the spring.
- You pick your dog breed because it’s known to be a good running breed.
- Your Friday nights are always low-key. I mean, hello– long run on Saturday, right?
- You have a lot of running shoes in your household. I mean, A LOT.
- This is true for you:
What are some other confessions?
Please share- I hope to have a 2nd Edition of this post soon!
(Visited 558 time, 1 visit today)