I’m pretty sure that all runners can relate to these. Thanks to E for sharing and to TheRuniverse for the borrow.
Murphy’s Law for RUNNERS
- If the road you are running on becomes narrow, that is the point where two cars coming from opposite directions will appear.
- When running hills on a windy day, you will always encounter a headwind while running uphill and a tail wind as you are running downhill.
- When running a loop, the weather will change the moment you change directions so that you have a headwind the entire run.
- You will accidentally step in muddy puddle during the first run in bright, shiny new shoes.
- An out-and-back with rolling hills always seems to be uphill both ways.
- The rain will start to fall about 5 minutes into your run and stop about 5 minutes before you finish.
- The sudden, desperate urge too poop will always strike at the point at which you are the farthest from a toilet.
- A flickering streetlight will always go completely out when you run underneath it.
- The moment that you start feeling confident about your training and excited to race, you will get injured.
- One week before your goal race, you will wake up with a stuffed up nose.
- On a bad run when you have to take a walk break, someone you know will drive past you.
- Your best race picture will always be marred by an old or out-of-shape person walking the 5k that shares a course with your race.
- The flavor of gatorade served at your key race will be the one kind that you cannot stand.
I would like to add these:
- The first time that you run with a new partner, you be plagued with a bad case of gas.
- While on your longest solo run of the season, one of the earbuds for your iPod goes out midway through and you are stuck listening to bass and little treble.
- For a woman, the big race will always fall during the same weekend as your period.
As runners, we subject ourselves to some embarrassing, horrible situations. But we love it and it all makes for some hilarious stories.
(Visited 93 time, 1 visit today)